Friday, October 15, 2010

karma


"mom, take a picture of me with this plant"
this week was parent teacher conferences. they were quite enjoyable. it amazes me that both my girls have teachers that can understand their special little personalities so well and customize a school experience that is effective for them. it blows my mind.

but that really isn't what this post is about. after the enjoyable part of the conference was over, mrs. graham leaned over and whispered this bombshell: mia has been holding hands with her boyfriend while walking in from recess.

i avoided the conversation for a few hours, not wanting to make it a thing. it finally went down a little something like this-

me: mia, do you have a boyfriend?
mia: i don't want to talk about it.
me: mia, do you have a boy friend?
mia: yes.
me: you know your to young to have a boyfriend?
mia: but mooooooom, how can i stop loving?

i text a synopsis of the situation to my sister. her response- "i have one word for you: karma."

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's adorable. I know I am in for it myself. She is so beautiful. All I can say is start saving up for lots of margaritas because it's only going to get worse:)!

Tiffanie said...

The apple and the tree, my friend. :) I love you both.

Amy Jones said...

Oh, I have my own karmic issues to deal with over here.

It's a nightmare sometimes. And if I didn't practically deserve it, I'd be yelling "NO FAIR!!!"

(Oh, and I have a child who poses next to all sorts of strange objects...plants included. Fun.)

Anonymous said...

My little Mia and a boyfriend. Good luck this is only the start and for the record I hope she never stops loving. GG gramdma glo

lindsey said...

I love your new header.

I love this story.

I love Tiff.

All three made me smile, and today I needed it!