we interrupt our regular scheduled programming to bring you information about an important initiative. john marcotte authored the 2010 california marriage protection act that moves to 'safeguard marriage from the evils of divorce'. he only needs one million signatures to get this act on the ballot. that shouldn't be difficult to achieve considering 51% of california marched to the poles in defense of traditional family values last november. i fully expect to see the moral soldiers return to their street corners brandishing banners in favor of this act. after all, what is more threatening to the family unit: ellen & portia exchanging vows, or john & kate destroying 8?
if you've read this and believe me to be anti-divorce, please watch these public service announcements. i am anti something else entirely.
Monday, October 26, 2009
program interruption
Posted by marisa at 8:54 PM
Labels: stupid politics
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think that website is a hoax. I think it is making fun of people who supported Prop 8.
the website is political satire. i don't think it is making fun of people who supported prop 8. i think it is making fun of the argument the campaign used to promote it.
I love PSA #2. It really gets to the point- you can't have spousal abuse without a spouse.What a crack up... but seriously, I think the important thing to remember about our country is that we are free to choose and we are not bound by one religion's philosophy in the decisions we make about our lives and those of our children. There is not one solution to every problem and this is not the solution to our nation's ridiculously high divorce rates. Let's continue to make our nation a place where we get to choose what is best for US and refrain from becoming more and more like zealots who can not see reason through their religiously tinted glasses. Vote No.
Thank you marisa for reminding my of why I'm glad I'm not a Californian anymore.
Is that seriously on a ballot?!?
Post a Comment