while i was out shopping for my first set of embroidery needles, grandma c was busy welcoming her fourth grandchild into the world- a beautiful baby boy with two doting parents and one awesome name.
i have always wanted to learn how to embroider, and it's turned out to be the perfect craft for a girl with ADD and a tight budget. one tutorial from this crafty site, a few rad patterns from this talented lady (the cute bird is one of them), a couple tips from this sweet seamstress in scotland, and we were in the handmade gift giving business.
for my chubby little niece- a set of birdie burp cloths to help with all the drool of teething.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
why too cute. Can't till I have a girl that you can shower with cute things...hehehe
This is FABULOUS! They look adorable, you did a great job!! Isn't it so fun???
those are so cute! i can't wait to have some babies, so you can make me some cute stuff like that :)
How adorable, can't believe you are so crafty, wish I could take credit a little but the genes must come from the Miley side of the family. love and miss all of you already and it has only been 7 days since I was there.
Love ya loads, Mom & Katrice
How very PRECIOUS and THOUGHTFUL,
Marisa!!! Thank you SOOOO much for taking a picture of Levi's (Wilson)
little onesie!!!I haven't given it
to him yet....will wait until the rush of other visitor's subsides to give this and my special gifts to him. You have no idea how SPECIAL this is and so many similarities surrounding my TWO precious grandsons with the exact same name!!!----also would you BELIEVE?????? You used ORANGE to stitch??????........That's the MAIN color of his nursery!!!?????Also this ignited in me the idea to embroidery some burp cloths using diapers I used on Tami and Scott's butts!!!My mother taught me to embroider when I was a very little girl....will run out to Jo Ann's to get the thread and embroidery ring...and re-connect with those wonderful memories of my mom paitiently showing me how to do it...in the midst of caring for 5 stairstep children, working 9-5, living in housing projects in East L.A....poor....but OHHHHH so HAPPY!!! Thanks for giving me this spark to reminisce on the HAPPIEST days of my life and to cherish those MEMORIES....thank God they are FREE. Thank you for being such a thoughtful, loving, daughter. It was SO great seeing you and your mom to share my new cabinets! Thanks for being so proud of me. I needed that!!!!Love you forever, Grandma C.
Post a Comment