Monday, January 5, 2009

a christmas card controversy

2008 christmas card

i love everything about modern / lifestyle photography- especially crazy crops. when i decided on a different look for this years card, i knew it wouldn't be liked by all, but i was surprised that it was disliked by so many. i got tons of funny comments / questions about the card. my favorite inquisitor was my dear aunt adline, who sincerely asked if we got the cards at half price.

i assure you there was no mistake- i loved it! my bff chelz totally came through for me. as usual, she took what i wanted and made it better. i insisted that she only take one group shot, but the photog in her was determined to capture the kids- and i'm so glad she did. all pictures shamelessly stolen from her blog- doesn't her new watermark look great.

this one is gonna be big next to the front door.
i don't believe it- is that a natural smile out of my mia bug!?

miley wasn't in the mood to sit for pictures, so her and chelz played a little game of tag
this just makes me happy.

7 comments:

Amy Jones said...

For what it's worth...I LOVE your card! Your friend is a fabulous photographer. Adline's comment cracked me up. :) Adorable kids!

Karen said...

Your cards made me green that we didn't live close to Chelsea too!!!! I loved that it made me guess at the expression on yours and Brian's faces. She rocks. My mom complains that our photos "have everybody's heads cut off!" too. Oh well, to each his own.

Please enjoy... said...

Your card rocks and people who don't understand it, don't get the ART of photography. hehehe.
you've got a beautiful family... good little babysitters too :)
lydia

Tiffanie said...

Whatev--your card rocks. Everyone already knows what you and Brian look like and just want to see the cute kids anyway! I think it's funny that people told you they didn't like it. Weird. Just remember that Lori & Dan said it was the coolest thing they've ever seen.

I love the pictures of the kids that Chelsea took. You need to email them to me.

lindsey said...

Adorable! And the card is perfect! I love that photography is going in so many directions, some of my favorite photos are a lot of background with the people actually very small.

I agree with Tiff, it's the perfect card which rocked. :)

The Biggs Family said...

I am so in love with your photographer. I think I might want to date her....(totally kidding).
You know, your too good to me Marisa. glad I could be of service...
P.S. I personally love your heads cut off :)

Anonymous said...

Risa & Chelsea, Do i have the most beautiful and photogenic grandchildren in the world YES. Ok, old school grandma that I am, I did have to get a bit used to the card, will admit that it is very creative and unique as is Marisa, does everyone agree, YES. See you all tomorrow. Mom and grandma glo.